Podiatry Assistant Wanted
We’re looking for an enthusiastic podiatry assistant/receptionist to engage with clients to ensure their visit is warm and welcoming.
The successful applicant will be:
- Exposed to a variety of reception duties, administrative and assistant duties
- Provided with full training
- Part of a committed team with a great work environment
- The first point of contact for our valued clients
A casual position has become available for 20-25 hours per week at our rapidly expanding podiatry practice in Kent Town, South Australia. There is scope to make this a permanent and/or full time position for the right applicant. Rostered hours will vary from 7:30am until 6:30pm Monday to Friday.
So What Does A Podiatry Assistant Do?
The role of Podiatry Assistant/Receptionist is to provide overall support for the day to day operations of Posture Podiatry. You will report directly to the practice manager, and assist podiatry practitioners in the provision of services to clients.
The successful applicant will be required to engage with clients and ensure we do everything possible to ensure their experience is first class. The role will include:
- Meeting new people and actively seeking to provide the best experience possible for all clients and visitors to the clinic.
- Providing a warm, friendly greeting to clients upon arrival.
- Performing daily operations tasks including reception duties, sterilisation of instruments, knowing about services, following appointment and welcome room procedures and maintaining consistency of service between team members to the highest standard.
- Attending to incoming telephone calls, using prescribed procedures and maintaining excellent, professional phone manner at all times.
- Processing and attending to incoming and outgoing communication including mail, email, SMS and communication via social media and other channels.
- Assisting with administration requirements for preparation of reports, letters, accounts and understanding the processes for stock ordering and supply.
- Completing daily tasks as required through prescribed channels such as Asana, email and other communication platforms.
- Completing banking and financial administration in a timely manner, including processing payments, invoicing all services delivered via HICAPS, EFTPOS and processing cash payments.
- Performing daily settlement and appropriate management of petty cash.
- Participating in team meetings, performance reviews and dispute resolution, and actively seeking ways to improve your work environment and relationships with clients and team members.
- Managing the appointment book and client records accurately.
- Responding to incidents as they occur on a day-to-day basis, implementation of emergency procedure policies, and other relevant procedures as required.
- Ensuring the clinic environment is kept clean and welcoming for all, including regular cleaning of all areas of the clinic according to cleaning procedures, and ensuring all work areas are neat, safe and presentable.
- Liaising with other team members through direct communication channels.
- Implementation of safe practice in work health and safety procedures including hazards identification and emergency management procedures.
- Assisting with professional referrer communication and marketing events.
- Contributing to the positive, healthy culture of the clinic
Posture Podiatry is proud to be a recognised leader in client experience and care, and for creating an environment that’s beneficial for both clients and its employees.
Here are the benefits of working with us:
- You become part of a team working to improve people’s lives
- You receive mentoring and regular in-house training
- You get to help us with creating new ways to improve our service and quality of life
- You receive excellent working conditions
- You mix with people who enjoy their work
- No weekend work
The successful applicant will need to be available for rostering Monday, Thursday and Friday initially with the opportunity to go full-time or permanent after a qualifying period. Actual hours to be determined with the successful applicant.
Please note: we only want to speak with people who are genuinely excited about the opportunity to work with Posture Podiatry and care for our valued clients.
We have a unique business culture, and we are continually taking on new ideas to ensure we provide the best possible care for our clients.
If you believe you are the right person for this position, we want to hear from you. All interested applicants must deliver your application letter and resume in person to Posture Podiatry Kent Town during business hours by 4pm, Friday 28th May 2021.
Email ONLY applications will NOT be considered.
Applications will need to be delivered in person to Posture Podiatry during business hours.
Please attention your application to:
The Practice Manager
58 North Terrace
KENT TOWN SA 5067
Closing Date: 28/5/2021
** Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted**